Thursday, March 25, 2010

So I'm not "completely" recovered yet

I guess I'm not quite completely recovered yet.
Yesterday really took a toll on me.
Last evening, I had another meltdown and I also experienced repeated cold sweats during the night (not nearly as severe as the ones I've been having but they obviously aren't over yet).
This morning, I woke with a headache again (the neurologist warned me that I could expect that to continue for a while yet).  Tylenol #1 took care of it nicely though.
So, evidently when my doctor said it could be up to another week, he knew of what he spoke.
That means another few days of "workstation on the sofa" for me.
And John won't let me violate that (can you blame him?).
He's really been very good about this ordeal and it can't be easy to put up with this nonsense.
Let me tell you this:  I cannot for the life of me understand why a recovering drug addict would relapse once they've gone through rehab.  Anyone who goes through withdrawal once cannot possibly want to experience it a second time! 
I get that an addict doesn't truly have control over their addiction, but the cure is seemingly worse than the curse.  And we know that the curse can kill (witness all the famous people who are now in the ground because they abused drugs, many of them after repeated "successful" rehabs).
Here we are, ten days after the last Cesamet capsule  was ingested, and my body is still objecting to its absence.  And I wasn't abusing the drug; I was taking it precisely as prescribed! 
Enough about that.
Today, I am staying down again, wearing my TENs machine and just trying to recover from yesterday.
Tomorrow will be more of the same.
Just better.
Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love you, Tomorrow,
You're only a daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay aaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

No comments: